Saturday, February 11, 2012

Where are the white guys?

As a young man I played basketball - the street variety. I was pretty good. As a high school freshman, Coach Carl Uhler tried to mold me into his vision. I was bumped up the JV team as a fershman but didn't fit into his pattern. Like the British General Montgomery, he was a set-piece guy. Here's the play, do it. That wasn't my style.

I was on two teams at the time but I didn't do justice to either. I spent most of my time on one and neglected the other. With my 'credentials' established, I observe college and professional basketball today and think, huh?

It seems that 90% of the guys playing college and professional basketball are black. Aren't there many white guys that can play college or professional basketball?

American white guys, not black guys, have given basketball to the world.

American white guys, not black guys, have given football to the world.

American white guys, not black or latin guys, have given baseball to the world.

What's wrong with this picture? Just wonderin' ya know.

No comments: