Monday, March 07, 2011

Media manipulation in the United States

The most recent televised scenes out of Libya showed a crowd of little kids holding up signs in English. There were also adults with their faces covered up. I could just imagine the people behind the camera orchestrating events for American and World press.

The powerful television interests in the United States can be said to contribute to the success or failure of coups and changes in government throughout the world. I am old enough to recall the so-called 'students' in Iran when the Shah (our friend and ally) was deposed. I, too, remember the American hostages that were taken by the same group, protected by Marines without any ammo in their M-14s.

So, what's my point in all this? Simply that I don't believe what I see coming from our White House. I don't believe what I hear coming from our White House. And I certainly don't believe it when it's filtered and spun via NBC, CBS and ABC.

I am bracing myself for another attempt - that of untold millions/billions of American dollars being sent to these countries to foster "democracy". Dare I say I'm also bracing for hundreds of thousands of 'refugees' from political persecution?

In the American midwest there are Somalis working in meat packing plants. What's wrong with this picture?

I note New York's Peter King will hold hearings on radical Islam. Already the "crowd" of protesters are out in front of the television cameras. Makes it looks like most Americans are opposed to these hearings. King is being portrayed here as a hateful man.

Are we getting the right picture here?

No comments: