Monday, March 21, 2011

Do You Know How Much Crap is on Shopping Cart Handles?

Commenting on a newspaper article I had just read regarding the amounts and types of bacteria found on shopping cart handles, I said I now disinfect both my hands and the handles of the cart with the anti-bacterial wipes provided by the store.

One of the parties I was speaking with asked me my age. When I told her she commented something to the affect that I had lived this long without using anti-bacterial wipes and we’re becoming, in her opinion, a world of people who overuse anti-biotics and thereby are less able to resist infections.

While there may be some truth in her unnecessarily sarcastic retort, I was nonetheless offended by her inferring that what I was now doing was ridiculous and pointless.

No comments: