Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Don't Ask, Don't Tell

As a U.S. Army veteran, I'd like to address this issue.

When I served, there were men in my unit that we suspected were "gay". I even hung out with a couple of them. They were "effiminate" but I always thought of them as "soft" men, not the macho type. I gave no thought to whether they were "gay".

Don't ask don't tell - why are "Gays" supposed to be a protected group? They never bothered me during my service years and I didn't bother them.

Quite frankly, I have more respect for a person who says they are gay than those who hide it. I don't condone it and I think gays are pathetic characters. I even know there some in my "family".

Don't ask, don't tell? If you're gay, what makes you think you a protected species? It's political only.

It's part of the ongoing attempt to divide us - hispanic, gay, black, etc.

Get the picture?

No comments: