Monday, March 04, 2013

GAY AMERICA

Northfield, Ohio.  It appears that the voice of "Conservativism" isn't being heard on the issue of legalizing homosexual "marriage." For the sake of respect, we'll call them what they call themselves -  "Gays".

When I was younger there was an element in America that would "roll" gays. That meant that they knew where their public hangouts were and would beat them up and rob them.

While I was in the U.S. Army in the Mohave Desert, we took a three day leave to Los Angeles. One of our buddies, a relatively efeminate man, wanted to visit see Pershing Square. It never entered our mind to wonder why.  It wasn't until Life Magazine published a piece shortly afterwards did I put two and two together.  The article was about where the gay pickup spots across the nation were. And, yes, Pershing Square was THE place in Los Angeles. "Ron" never tried anything with us and we never thought the less of him.

What's my point in writing this? If one is gay it is their orientation, for better or for worse. They don't deserve to be "rolled". However, their public display in parades is revolting. Their sexuality doesn't belong in my face. And why is it a national issue?

I will go on record to say that I respect one who is openly gay versus one who hides it. That doesn't mean that I don't think it is abhorrent. But, as I said, it is their orientation and their choice.

Gay marriage is a nonsense term. What they mean is Gay Respect for who they are. And I support that notion. However, the issue has become politicized for the purpose of votes. And because of that pandering  they don't  gain any respect.

Sullivan is an internationally-published writer residing in northeast Ohio. He is a contributor to the National Hibernian Digest, Irish Echo Newspaper and several Irish newspapers.

No comments: