Friday, February 06, 2009

FEMALE BIAS TOWARDS MEN

Watching FOX News this month, a story on Chief Justice Ginsberg surfaced. She's had a cancer surgery and her tenure as a Justice of the Supreme Court may be ending soon. A woman was interviewed (sorry but I don't remember her name) was interviewed regarding the possibility of an appointment by President Obama. She said, "We're not going back to the days of all men on the Supreme Court", or something to that effect.

Her statement betrayed an attitude that has developed in this nation. We MUST have a woman on the Supreme Court. We MUST have a black on the Supreme Court. We MUST have a Jew on the Supreme Court. Where is all this leading? What's on the horizon? We MUST have a homosexual on the Supreme Court? We must have a homeless person on the Supreme Court? We must have black construction workers replace white construction workers?

In the likely event that I will be branded a homophobe, or anti-female, I would remind readers that my mother was a woman, as is my wife and three daughters. Oh yes, I have six sisters too.

No comments: